The Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger helps families and professionals to locate information and resources pertaining to developmental disabilities and related disorders Call (800) 390-3372 or email

Baltimore County Developmental Disabilities Unit provides for Baltimore COUNTY residents only. Contact Alison Blakely at (410) 887-2720.

Modest Needs' Independent Living Grant offers up to $1,000 for unusual or unexpected expenses.

Jewish Big Brothers/Big Sisters matches siblings of children with disabilities over age 7 with a "Big" to enjoy twice a month. Contact Bracha Goetz at

Maryland Attorney General's Health Education and Advocacy Unit (HEAU) is available for issues concerning medical bills or health insurance. Free Services include: examining your health insurance policy and mediating denials of coverage, mediating billing disputes on your behalf, mediating problems with faulty medical equipment, helping determine the best medical insurance plan, 877-261-8807 or   

NWCP's Project Lifesaver rents a tracking device for children with special needs who are at risk of elopement (wandering off).Call (410) 664-6927 Extension 6.

Lili's Lift helps fund one time home renovations for children with special needs. For more information, go to

The Arc Baltimore has a variety of supports for children and adults with special needs as well as funding for respite. Go to

Kennedy Krieger Institute Family Support Services Program provides funding for respite and other services. Call (410) 298-7000.

Jewish Community Services (JCS) provides supports for children with special needs. Go to

My Gym Challenged America offers grant opportunities for specific adaptive equipment for children with special needs of up to $500. To submit a request go to

Resources and Funding Sources
This listing is updated periodically - be sure to check back!


Low Intensity Support Services (LISS) is a funding program of the State of Maryland. In the Baltimore area, applicants can contact Penn Mar at 410-357-0891. 

Weather-related school closings
Baltimore COUNTY:  410-887-5555 or,

Baltimore CITY: 410-396-3100 or

Sign up for texts from WBAL at

First Hand Foundation is an organization that helps fund medical and therapeutic treatments, equipment, care devices, car lifts, and more to families of limited income.

Disability.Gov is a website with an extensive listing of resources for individuals with special needs. www.Disability.Gov.

Children's Resource Line is a project of the Office for Genetics and Children with Special Health Care needs. They provide resources for financial assistance, respite, mental health and more. Call 1-800-638-8864.